"It is enough to have the strength and knowledge
“Iron Sky: Invasion”
to raise our dream machines into the sky"
is a space fighter simulator
, calling to mind such classics as the legendary You-Know-Which series – further enhanced with strategy and RPG elements
. The core of the gameplay is based on ship-to-ship dogfights
, combined with assaults on giant spaceships
(such as the Siegfried-Class Zeppelins
), as well as tactical thinking and resource management
The game is set in outer space
, where the players must defend the Earth from the invasion of the Moon Nazis
. The players control spaceships to freely roam the space and attack Nazi vessels; various weapons and equipment are at their disposal, like laser cannons and missiles
. The vessels are also equipped with military countermeasures, to protect them from enemy fire.
The players can access a tactical map o
f outer space to spot the positions of Nazi forces or any ongoing battles, and thus instantly know where to fly. The ultimate goal is to destroy the secret Nazi base hidden on the Dark Side of the Moon
and to keep the Earth safe from the invading spacecraft.
Being based on the cult movie, the “Iron Sky: Invasion”
comes with a touch of politics
as well: various nations will offer unique missions, yet to accept or refuse them is up to the player
. Some missions tempt the players with special rewards, such as precious upgrades or even brand new ships
The players can dock at an allied space station
to recharge weapons, purchase upgrades or even switch ships. Almost all spaceships that appear in the film can be controlled in game (except for the largest one), including the South-Korean scout ship “Zerg”
, the Australian bomber “Dundee”
, or the UK fighter “Spitfire”
. The availability of some will depend on the completion of certain missions.
The ships’ sub-systems
can be further upgrade
in the hangar: for example, upgrading the offensive systems will increase the number of weapons and boost their power, while an engine upgrade will improve the ship’s speed and range of interception. Upgrades require special resources
, which can be scavenged from destroyed enemy units or found in outer space.
- Avant-garde gameplay - space flight and combat simulation with elements of RTS
- Unique game structure: with no division into single missions, “Iron Sky: Invasion” is one giant, open-world battle
- Non-stop action full of ship-to-ship dogfights and epic assaults on giant space Zeppelins
- Numerous enemy ship classes, from the mighty Valkyrie to the fearsome Götterdämmerung
- Diverse classes of ships which players can control, from space fighters to heavy bombers
- Multiple weapons, just like in the film: lasers, missiles and cannons are just some examples of the vast arsenal at the players’ disposal
- Resource management: players can scavenge parts from destroyed spaceships, collecting precious elements for enhancements
- Energy management: players can transfer the ship’s power between engines, shields and weapons, depending on the needs of the moment
- Lots of upgrades: home station docking opens a user-friendly game economy, allowing players to access hundreds of ship upgrades
- Breathtaking 3-D universe filled with awe-inspiring effects to match those of the film, courtesy of the powerful GRACE2™ engine